lichess.org
Donate

Need a clarification about FIDE Rule Article 11 - 11.3.2.1

No forfeit. "Loss by mobile" is a 1:0/0:1 unless there's no sequence to mate. Otherwise things like 0.5:0 are conceivable.
@krasnaya

Thank you very much. I will check about code of ethics.

Another funny thing I was thinking about is, Is some one is late then he/she literally outside the tournament venue without proper permission from the arbiters which also a violation or some other rule. I my case I was literally 7 minutes outside the tournament venue & also talked with a person who is not an arbiter but a security guard of the gate :).
@Toadofsky

[ "This bag must be placed as agreed with the arbiter." ]

Since there is no proper place to keep bags in this tournament it allowed to keep bags on the floor under the chair. It announced at the beginning of tournament. Most of the player do so.

Of course I did not explicitly say an arbiter that I am placing my bag at this x-y coordinate or on this particular longitude & latitude location :) & got his agreement. It was done according to the public announcement made before starting the tournament and also following the common manner most of the players doing in the tournament.

[ While 11.3.2.2 seems clear to me, what surprises me is that the arbiter actually searched you (or you volunteered evidence that you had such a device). ]

Arbiter did not check the bag. I Admitted it. My opponent & Other players who playing nearby and also the section arbiter showed that I took out the phone from pocket put it in bag & took my pen and water bottle out & closed the bag.
@Gudari

Thank you very much. I will tell arbiters about the points you mentioned.

Another funny thing I was thinking about is, If every thing take so literally then

If some one is late then he/she literally outside the tournament venue without proper permission from the arbiters which also a violation or some other rule. I my case I was literally 7 minutes outside the tournament venue & also talked with a person who is not an arbiter but a security guard of the gate :).
There is no such thing as 0,5-0 anymore. If you lose due to a mobile phone you lose no matter the position. Even if there is not enough material left to mate.

Some tournaments allow you to have your mobile phone shut off in your pockets. Some don't.
@Acerook

Thank you very much. I made written appeal yesterday immediately after the decision. However the appeal committee which consists of 3 players who are playing the tournament rejected the appeal.

I have another question. How should the result recorded?
Should it considered as lost without playing a single move which record something like 0F-1F where there is no effect to players rating on that result or was it recorded in the manner which affecting to players results ? Because according to the claim I have lost the game at the moment I Arrived hall & by that time I have not played any move.

Mine was recorded in a way so that it affect to rating.
http://chess-results.com/tnr378877.aspx?lan=1&art=9&fed=SRI&snr=12

IIRC a game is rated if two or more moves have been played.
No forfeit, man! It's rated of course. In German DWZ system it is even rated if 0 moves are played. FIDE might be different.

Just think about the rules before the game and do not waste tons of energy when it's too late.
@lovlas

Thank you very much. My doubt was I put switched off mobile phone to bag before playing any move in the game.

I was very clear that if mobile phone was ringing during the game lose no matter the position. Even if there is not enough material left to mate. My case it was not ringing the phone. My doubt was that whether the moves played on board are valid or not .

In this particular case there is some argument against rating the game, as the violation occured befor any move has been made, so the game could have been declared lost without playing any move and thus not rated (like for example in a situation in which a player in a team event is discovered to be inelegible for a game only after the game has been started - the game is declared lost but is not rated). But as you have already lost the appeal and didn't rise the question in it it becomes moot....
As far as I remember FIDE requires at least one move to be played.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.