lichess.org
Donate

Is this position a draw?

http://es.lichess.org/ZnUV5epM/white#41

After O-O, and Kxf2 (protecting my Rock) apparently I lost my attack, and according to stockfish, I allowed Draw.
If black play 21 ... Qxc5, its draw. I tried to avoid it making some fast movements against computer, but I could not find a way to avoid checks.

During the game, my opponent didnt see Qxc5 and played another movement which allowed me to escape in the end, (I didn't know than c5 was as important in that game, but at move 26, I realize than this pawn was avoiding more checks around this zone.

However, I still have doubts if this is a draw position, do you think exists a way to escape from there with your king?
Hatchet, I perfectly know the definition of draw due perpetual check, but I wonder if in this situation its a real draw. If someone can find a way to escape from them.
Why don't you just accept that it is a draw?
You'll find no one writing down all possible variations in order to prove that it's drawn. Just rely on the computer.
It's good that you're scrutinizing the machine, but in this case it's just drawn, no matter what.
Hatchet, to answer like that you can simply stop it. You are not helping at all and you are just making spam. You know in Lichess it's not like other forums than you can win ranking answering posts? To be useless, just avoid to answer.

I'm not asking all possible variations, I'm not asking you show me than the engine doesnt work; I'm just asking if someone can ensure me than this is a draw.

I'm not an expert player, and I don't know many theory about end games, but I know than engine is failing many times and in this situation, he could fail too. Except, if there is a way to can avoid the draw.

I accept its a draw, and I can agree, but I want to ensure it. Is it something wrong if I want the opinion of someone who has great knowledge of end games to confirm me than its a draw.
No need to be angry, calm down :)
See the above example I gave you in which position an engine can fail.
If you know roughly know how a chess program works, you will agree with the engine in your case.
The position we are talking about is not a position where engines fail. The variation trees are very small and some even repeat. Excellent conditions for the engine. Pure calculation, pure abundance of moves.
I tried with my stockfish again and at depth 46 it still says it is a draw.
Engines fail in closed positions or when somebody achieves a blockade in the endgame. Both is not the case when talking about your position.
Also, if you wanted to escape checks, you need to find a hiding spot or a way of throwing a piece inbetween to block the check.
The only hiding spot is g1 and the white king will never reach it, because there's always a check on the a7-g1 diagonal, driving white away from g1 if he is on f2.
The white queen is the only piece which potentially comes to mind when trying to block the checks, but there is no way of doing this either.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.